Resources
Sunday
Dec052010

Landlord pleads guilty to eight breaches of Fire Safety Order 

A landlord in Scarborough has pleaded guilty to eight breaches of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (NYFRS) looked at Mr Banki's property, an unlicensed HMO, in March this year following a complaint. Among the fire safety failings found in the building's flats, tenants were not provided with adequate means of escape, a fire alarm, fire detection system or an emergency lighting system.

Click to read more ...

Sunday
Dec052010

Worker paralysed after being crushed by reel of paper

An employee of a major paper producer in North Wales has been left paralysed from the chest down after being crushed by a two tonne reel of paper. Mr Shaw (38) was involved in producing and preparing paper reels at the firm's site in Oakenholt, Flint. He was using his body weight to slow down a moving paper reel when he slipped. The reel, which was around two metres in diameter, then rolled onto him causing serious crush injuries which left him with paralysis.

Click to read more ...

Sunday
Dec052010

Two workers exposed to asbestos at Aston University

A Birmingham-based university has been fined, along with a security systems firm, after two workers were exposed to dangerous asbestos fibres while fitting CCTV cameras. The worker and a 17-year-old trainee were installing the cameras in the reception area at Aston University's Recreation Centre on 21 July 2009 when they drilled into material containing asbestos fibres.

Click to read more ...

Wednesday
Nov032010

New website goes 'live'

Welcome to Safetyaide.com

We will be adding Safety Aide news and topical industry news articles very soon.

Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13